NOTE: This video really stretched my comfort zone. Despite being clumsy in parts, I hope you can tell the message is very genuine. I felt it was very important for me to thank you all personally. Lets just say, I have a new found respect for those bloggers that are able to incorporate regular videos into their sites. I realize I said “ummm” at least 34 times (and turned a 3 minute video into 7), but I promise I will continue to work on my mad skills in the coming months. Courtney would like to point out that it would have taken 30 seconds to make the bed! You win some… you lose some.
Summary of the Video… (who needs a 7 minute video)?
April’s “Juicy” Stats!
- 177 Subscribers
- 6402 Visits!
- 22,434 Pageviews!
As I said in the video these statistics have shattered any expectations I had for my first full month blogging. Thank you for all the support you gave me over the month of April! I should also add, I’m proud of the 300+ comments on the site (not counting my own). Thanks for adding so much value to the site!
Two Groups Of People I Want To Thank!
- Personal Finance Blogging Community – You guys own. Your genuine support has enabled me to have an awesome first month and have a lot of fun in the process. Thanks for welcoming me with open arms!
- Readers & Fans – Thank you so much continuing to support the site. Keep up your amazing comments and e-mails. Knowing that you read what I write and provide feedback is an amazing feeling!
What I’m Looking To Do In May!
- Participate/Host More Carnivals – I’m scheduled to host 3 blog carnivals in May and am planning on being a much more impactful member of the blogging community.
- Guest Posting – I’m planning on submitting much more guest posts this month. More importantly, I’d love to have any submissions for post on this site from readers and other bloggers. Consider this an open invitation!
- Top Secret Project – I’m really excited about a neat side-project that hopefully I’ll be able to launch in late May. More details to come later!
How You Can Help Me Have An Awesome May!
- Expose a new reader to the blog. Tell a family member, friends, or random stranger about the blog!
- Add comments or e-mail me feedback/stories. Let me know what I’m doing right and wrong!
- Subscribe to RSS, e-mail, or follow on Twitter (1973 followers) – Keep me accountable!
Let Me Know How I Can Help You Achieve Your Goals In May!
This is a two-way street. E-mail me and let me know what I can do to help you achieve your goals! Let’s tear May up!
My Top 5 Personal Favorite Posts!
Here are my own favorite 5 posts from the month of April. You can always see the top 10 most popular in the right-hand sidebar.
- Maintaining Balance: Is Getting Our Of Debt A Need Or A Want? – This was the first of two self-reflective posts I did that really got me thinking about the “big picture” of finances.
- Discovering Your Financial Priorities – This was the second part. It felt amazing to really sit down and put this into writing. It had been in my head for a while, but I hadn’t wrote them all out before now.
- Married With Separate Finances: I Just Don’t Get It – This really stirred up some great comments and debate. I especially enjoyed the comments of those whom have built successful relationships with separate finances.
- Dave Ramsey’s Town Hall For Hope Review – This was fun for two reasons. First, I felt really cool taking a white pad and jotting down notes the whole time. Very journalistic. Second, I am in the front page of Google results for “Town Hall For Hope.” This has been my first experiencing getting a nice flow of consistent traffic from a specific keyword!
- Suze Orman Vs. Dave Ramsey: Should Your Financial Guru Be Changing His/Her Advice? – I tried to put a unique spin on the issue of Suze’s well-covered spin on paying down credit cards in this economy. This was my first post to be published on Tip’d, as well.
Top 10 Sources Of Referral [Personal Finance Blogs]!
- The Simple Dollar
- Bargain Babe
- Free Money Finance
- Five Cent Nickel
- The Digerati Life
- Suburban Dollar
- Get Rich Slowly
Top 5 People With Most Comments
You guys really do rock. I’d appreciate you leaving some feedback on my first video. I think there are some really cool possibilities once I’m able to hone my skills! In addition, let me know what your goals are for May. Join in by adding your comment below!