First, thanks again for another amazing week! All trackable numbers are way up from last week, however I am most proud of the increase in comments. I deeply appreciate you all taking the time to add your perspective on the different issues. It not only provides me with invaluable feedback, but also helps grow the community as a whole!
My Favorite 3 Posts…
- MoneyNing provides 25 Debt Reduction Tips For Your Immediate Action Plan!
- Bible Money Matters almost suffered a personal tragedy when a grass fire threaten to consume their neighborhood. He later posted Days Like This Make You Realize What Is Important. I followed his twitter updates throughout the day and was extemely happy to hear no one was hurt!
- Financial Nut provides a Comprehensive Guide To Roth IRAs! Extremely well-written and presented!
Man Vs. Debt Around The Web…
- Weakonomics asks his reader’s about their perspective on Joint or Separate Finances! He provided a link to my article on the subject as additional reading!
- Five Cent Nickel asked everyone What Would You Do With A Windfall? Check it out to see my twitter response!
- The Digerati Life showed me some link love on my post about Saving $175 On Verizon Bill.
- Green Panda Treehouse include me in her link-roundup! My Financial Network Map.
- The Suburban Dollar created his own Financial Network Map and linked back to my own (and Jim’s)!
- My Money Shrugged linked to my experiences preparing taxes to support his quote of the week (about Robin Hood)!
(I’m positive I left out some people who featured me this week… Sorry, please send me a link so I can get you in next week!)
Personal Finance Carnivals…
Ok, so I forgot to submit article Sunday for two of the regular carnivals I like to participate in. Stupid me! However, I am proud to announce that I made my first editor’s choice in this week Carnival of Pecuniary Delights! Check out all the great articles including my post, 33 Ways To Thwart Identity Theft!
Best Of The Rest…
- Bargaineering sheds some light on the Spend To Save Trap.
- SavingsAdivce ran an article about something that’s been on my mind lately, Giving When You Are Making No Money.
- SwitchToRiches detailed in a very thorough post some of the various financial impacts of buying a house!
- Simple Dollar gave us a list of 50 Side Businesses You Can On Your Own… fun list!
- The Digerati Life had a much needed (for me at least) article on setting up your home office work space.
- The Paycheck Chronicles answers the question, Is This Balance Transfer A Good Deal?
- Million Dollar Journey reminded me of the power of the 80/20 principle.
- My Two Dollars asks How Do You Know When You Have Enough?
- My Money Blog runs the numbers on reaching financial freedom.
- Tomasz Gorecki outlines how his first month of tracking his spending was a smack in the face!
- Green Panda Treehouse reminded me I’ll need help saving money on health expenses soon.
- Frugal Dad asked his readers how many credit cards they carried. Very interesting comments.
- The Wisdom Journal inspires people to Get Your Emegency Fund In Place Now!
- Moolanomy tells us all about the Cash Budgeting System with a great video from NCN.
- Consumer Commentary explains how Knowing Your Financial History Is Crucial To Your Future.
- Christian Personal Finance gave us 6 great things to buy that’ll pay for themselves in one year!
- Debt Free Adventure explains the real cost of all the debt we are carrying around.
- Financial Fizzle provides 5 Ways To Fight Finacial Stagnation.
- Don’t Mess With Taxes provided us wih a link to Obama’s tax return. Interesting!
- Do You Dave Ramsey ranted against Voluntary Repos. I couldn’t agree more!
- Poorer Than You (<– not true) outlined how to File FAFSA without your parent’s information.
- My Money Minute posted a great perspective on the increase in tobacco tax.
- Mrs. Micah posted a touching article on Why I’m Glad I Didn’t Kill Myself.
- Gather Little By Little posted a fictional story of two people who took different financial paths.
- Free From Broke hosted a guest list of 50 personal finance tweeters to follow! (Don’t Forget @ManVsDebt)
- Saving For Serentiy featured a great 3 part series this week about Small Choices, Big Differences!
Non Personal Finance Spotlight!
My new (to me, atleast) favorite non-personal finance blog this week is Simple And Spiritual! Tom calls New Zealand home and I’ve been really impressed with his content this week. I definitely suggest everyone subscribe to the blog and give it a test run!
13 thoughts on “Weekend Reading: Links Of The Week 4/18/2009”
Well, I am delighted to have been the one who had the pleasure of bestowing your first Editor’s Pick accolade! Your post contained lots of valuable and interesting info, so it was a shoo-in.
Miss T x
Miss Thrifty’s last blog post..FRIDAY BARGAINS: Cadbury’s Creme Eggs!
Great links Baker… I’ll be checking these out….. thanks for including me in this great roundup.
Do You Dave Ramsey?’s last blog post..Voluntary Repo is Bad Practice
Well, I know what I’ll be reading this morning now.
Thanks for the link!
Alan Schram’s last blog post..Weekend Review 18.04.09
Link is much appreciated! 🙂 I’m enjoying following along with your journey.
Thanks for the link!
Oh, and maybe I really am poorer than you – isn’t your net worth representative of both you and your wife? I’ve got all of my debt all by my lonesome!
Stephanie PTY’s last blog post..12 Things Every Teenager Needs To Know About Money (And How To Teach Them)
Thanks for the link to my article about our near tragedy with the fires! Thankfully everything and everyone was ok!
In a side note, I saw that a few days before the fire, the devotional on our site was called “rising from the ashes”. Thank goodness that one didn’t have to come true!
Loving your site, and will be commenting more!
Peter’s last blog post..Devotional: Rising from Ashes
Baker, thanks for the link-love. Keep up the good work!
Jason @ MyMoneyMinute’s last blog post..#046 — “Sin” Taxes: Congress Raises Taxes on Tobacco
Thanks for the mention!
FFB’s last blog post..Don’t Let Money Ruin Your Marriage!
Great reading, I haven’t even got through all of it yet, will be finishing up tomorrow! Thanks for the link love! Thanks for putting up all this great material.
[email protected]’s last blog post..Robin Hood, the Foulest of Creatures?
Thanks for the awesome links – I’m so glad I found you through the problogger forum! 🙂
Here’s a series a did on money management and budgeting: http://likeawarmcupofcoffee.blogspot.com/2008/10/let-money-series-begin-take-look-at-our.html
Some of the personal budget stuff has changed since my hubby and I got a hold of Total Money Makeover, and we learned that electric heaters weren’t a good investment!
Sarah Mae’s last blog post..Take My Life
@ Miss Thrifty – Thanks for the pick!
@Everyone – Thanks for all the great material this week. Keep up the great work!
Congrats on your first editor’s pick! 🙂
And thanks for including my post in your roundup.
Mrs. Micah’s last blog post..Refurbishing Old Computers With Ubuntu Linux
I like these posts Baker, it really shows that you are putting a lot of research into the work you are doing here at manvsdebt. Keep up the great work!
Josh Moore’s last blog post..Start achieving today