Thanks again for another wonderful week! This weekend is the local mini-marathon here in Indianapolis. Supposedly it is the largest mini-marathon in the United States. Not sure if I believe that, but I’ll be there supporting my wife starting at 7 a.m. today!
Here’s some awesome links to get you through your weekend personal finance fix:
My Favorite 3 Posts…
- Marc and Angel Hack Life reminded us all that money isn’t everything, What Money Can’t Buy.
- Bargaineering posted an awesome video about Psychological Money Games. If you don’t appreciate video content, I suggest you try to make your own. Trust me, you’ll appreciate this stuff much more.
- Think Simple Now featured a guest post by Jonathan Mead, entitled How To Find Beauty in Life. Yeah, I know it’s not personal finance, but it’s stuff like this that helps me maintain balance.
Man Vs. Debt Around The Web…
- I was honored to be included by The Simple Dollar in his most recent link round-up. Thanks Trent!
- Bargain Babe hosted my guest post, Cash Vs. Credit: Which Side Are You On?
- The Suburban Dollar asks his twitter friends, why do budgets fail? Check out my response.
- Bible Money Matters ran a special post called “Ask The Certified Planner.” See my question and how it was answered.
- I was honored to be including in a wide variety of other link-roundups. Some of them include My Two Dollars, My Life ROI, Automatic Finances, Managing Money God’s Way, and Like A Warm Cup Of Coffee!
Personal Finance Carnivals…
- Fire Finance hosted the Carnival of Personal Finance which featured my post, Yet Another 4 Reasons To Hate Credit Cards.
- Automatic Finances hosted the Carnival of Debt Reduction and I was honored as an Editor’s Pick with the post Dave Ramsey’s Town Hall For Hope Review!
- MoneyNing hosted the Carnival of Pecuniary Delights which featured my post, Saving Money On Traveling And Some Mistakes We’ve Made.
Best Of The Rest…
- Frugal Dad shared his 10 Commandments For Frugal Living. Nice list.
- Chief Family Officer has completely eliminated all of their non-mortgage debt! Rock on!
- Green Panda Treehouse had a guest post on FCN about Negotiating and Lowering Bills.
- Weakonomics documented how their are several local communities that have created their own currencies. I had never heard of this before, but I think it’s awesome.
- Cash Money Life stimulated some interesting comments with his post, What Is A Living Wage and Does It Exist In The U.S.?
- The Centsible Life discusses changing you password to help remind you of your goals. Nice hack!
- Wallet Pop talks about the 6 grossest ways to save money. I draw the line right before the things on this list.
- Moolanomy explains how to set goals that are S.M.A.R.T. I needed this post, myself.
- The Wisdom Journal listed 8 reasons to ditch your cell-phone insurance.
- The Wiser Miser had my favorite post name for the week, How to save money (tips for not f*cking it up)!