I can’t believe it’s Friday again and time for another round of my favorite links from around the web!
First, I owe you all some gratitude. Thanks to you, this has been my best week by far. We’ve set records in page views, unique visitors, subscribers, comments, and e-mail feedback! Thanks so much!
If you have enjoyed this week’s posts please subscribe to my RSS or enter your e-mail over to the right!
Man Vs. Debt’s Favorite 3 Posts…
- Flexo posted his reasons for not quitting his job to blog full time. This is such an awesome problem to have!
- BibleMoneyMatters wrote an amazingly informative post about the Making Homes Affordable Refinance and Loan Modification Program. Every week I’m more and more impressed by the content at that site. It’s quickly becoming one of my favorite pages on the web.
- Lastly, M is for Money wrapped up a ten part series about First Time Home Buyers. This is one of the best series I have read in a long time. Being a real estate agent, I would refer any first time buyers to this series in a heartbeat! (Introduction, Are You Ready, Get Finances In Order, Mortgage Basics, Starting Search, Be Smarter Shopper, Make Offer, During Escrow, Closing Time, Welcome Home)
Personal Finance Carnivals
- Carnival of Personal Finance: Spring Has Sprung featured The Real Price Of Spending While In Debt
- Carnival of Debt Reduction – Emergency Techniques For Reducing Your Debt featured How I save $175 On My Verizon Bill
- Carnival of Pecuniary Delights #2: Saving Money Edition featured my post earlier this week on Maintaining Balance
Other Great Personal Finance Links
- Laura from Green Panda Treehouse had a guestpost on FCN, which outlined how to protect yourself from identity theft and e-mail scams.
- Kate over at the Military.com Paycheck Chronicles wrote 5 Tricks Retailers Use! It really peeves me when I see tricks used in order to try to reel in consumers… don’t fall for them!
- Jim at Switch To Riches detailed great information on FHA 203k Home Loan. If you aren’t 100% sure what that is you really need to check out this post. It’s not covered enough!
- Jim at Bargaineering posted links to several TED videos. Man, there is nothing I love more TED videos!
- I’ve Paid For This Twice Already had an ode to snowflaking. This principle has really began to catch on in our lives!
- FrugalDad gave me some motivation on simplifying life… Thanks!
- Budgets Are Sexy posted some classy facts about Warren Buffet, one of my favorite people to read about!
- Jeremy at GenX Finance not only had another child, but found time to detail how the bounce back in the market was yet another reason why not to time the markets!
- Kevin at NoDebtPlan started an interesting discussion about how much emergency fund is enough, which continued lively in the comments.
- J.D. at Get Rich Slowly stepped up to the plate and admitted how his automated finances caused him to miss a rise in his heating bills. The culprit… a lose vent in the basement!
- Gather Little By Little gave me some tips on how to save money working from home. This is sort of new for me, so I need all the help I can get!
- Finally, Don’t Mess With Taxes reminds anyone who might have won any NCAA brackets (not me) to not forget the IRS!
Another great week of personal finance goodness!
Over the weekend I plan on unveiling a new, simplified theme here at Man Vs. Debt. Be sure to drop by and give me feedback once it’s live…
THANKS AGAIN FOR THE RECORD-SETTING WEEK!
6 thoughts on “Friday Links Of The Week: 4/10/09”
I just stopped by your blog and thought I would say hello. I like your site design. Looking forward to reading more down the road.
Thanks for your kind words about my site!
I think the “making homes affordable” plan could really help a lot of people, the problem is that even the lenders don’t really understand a lot about it right now. Hopefully that will be changing soon!
Peter’s last blog post..Government Making Home Affordable Refinance And Loan Modification Program: Do I Qualify?
Baker… you’re killing it bud! You’ve come out of the starting gates blazing. Good for you!
Keep up the great work!
Do You Dave Ramsey?’s last blog post..Goal Setting – Family Goals (part 7)
Thanks for the link. I must say I’m pretty jeolous of your trip to Australia. Great Luck to you and your travels!
Jim Leigh’s last blog post..Rich Quote!
@ Everyone – Thanks for all the words of encouragement and comments. I really appreciate it!
Thanks for the link! I’ll post a wrap up to the series tomorrow so all the posts are in one place.
Miss M’s last blog post..7 Last Minute Tax Tips