Before Friday, This is what the graph of my visits looked like. I was actually super excited about the progress. In fact, Thursday had been my highest traffic day ever, thanks to several round-up links!
After hitting the front page of Digg on Friday, the graph looks a little different. Digg has a way of squashing all your previous progress and demonstrating just how random this stuff can be!
I’m showing you the graphs, not to brag, but to sincerely thank everyone who helped push it along. Your support was awesome! Thanks especially go to @amabaie who submitted it and really got things rolling. I owe you all big time!
My Favorite 3 Posts…
This week I’m going to add a little flavor in for my Top 3 posts. I’ve been thinking a lot about my work set-up and the overall direction of this blog. As such, I’ve really connected with three non-personal finance posts this week. If you’d rather just skip to some good ‘ole finances stuff, don’t worry, I’ve listed some great articles further down the page!
- First, Chris Guillebeau posted a fantastic article on Why People Hate Marketers. If you are ever wondering what the direction of this blog may be in terms of advertising, you should check out this post. I really draw a lot of inspiration from how Chris approaches this.
- Second, Zen Habits hosted a really neat post on How To Create A Minimalist Computer Experience. I knew I need to do this, but this post blew my mind. Plus, Leo has one of the coolest desktop backgrounds ever! Keeping with his minimalist approach, he has also redesigned his website. What do you think?
- Third, Illuminated Mind featured an motivating post on How To Start A Revolution. Jonathan is one of the people that really gives me a kick in the butt. It’s about finding a purpose, doing what you love, and waking up everyday excited! Cool stuff.
Man Vs. Debt Around The Web…
In addition to Digg this week, I was featured on a wide variety of other websites!
- Jim from Bargaineering invited me to be a guest contributor to the site and hosted my article on How To Create A Strong Password You Can Remember! If you didn’t catch it, be sure to go check it out!
- Leo from Zen Habits tumbled my Debt Tsunami post into his favorite links!
- Trent from The Simple Dollar featured me in his latest round-up (Yellow Edition)!
- Mainstreet included my Debt Tsunami post in it’s “best personal finance content” round-up!
- I was honored to be included in way too many other link round-ups to mention them all. Some of the larger ones included Frugal Dad, Free Money Finance, GenXFinance, and Moolanomy. Thanks to everyone who included me!
Best Of The Rest (aka back to personal finance)…
- Good Financial Cents: How To Be Prepared For A Storm/Emergency
- Free From Broke: 25 Traits Of The Not So Well To Do
- Get Rich Slowly: Should Repaying Debt Be An Obsession? (which led to this response…)
- The Simple Dollar: Debt Repayment & Frugality As An Obsession
- The Happy Rock: We Spend Coins Faster Than Bills
- Five Cent Nickel: What’s Your Money Mindset? (via Matt Jabs)
- Bargaineering: Keeping Financial Documents [Video]
- Bargain Babe: Return Of The Lincoln Lunch [Video] (hunting for $5 lunches)
Thanks to everyone who helped support me in landing on the front page of Digg! What were your favorite articles from this week?