I’m sitting here in the San Jose airport (mechanical delay, hehe) thinking about how much I have to be grateful for.
I’m heading out to BlogWorld New Media Expo in New York City for the next 4 days. I’ll be speaking at two different times:
- First, I’ll be giving a solo presentation entitled “Broke, Burnt-Out, and Busted: How to Find Your Sweet Spot in Blogging and Business” on Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. in Room 1A10.
- The next day, I’ll be a member of a fun panel on “More Traffic, More Authority, More Customers: Why All Bloggers Should Be Podcasting” on Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. in Room 1A15.
We’re almost halfway to our goal on Kickstarter!
Two weeks ago, I shared the trailer with you for our new documentary.
In short, the response has been nothing short of amazing. The number of people that have emailed me admitting openly to tearing up while watching it has rivaled the emotion of anything I’ve ever produced before.
Really, I expected it to resonate with people – because it resonated so much with me. But not on this level. Not this quickly.
We’re so flattered (as filmmakers)!
Here’s some of what we’ve accomplished in just over 1.5 weeks since it’s launch:
- Over 1,750 individual backers. Crazy!
- $45,000 pledged for post production on Kickstarter (45% of our goal)
- 6,500+ Facebook likes on the trailer!
Honestly, I’m most proud of the sheer number of backers supporting the project!
If we keep it up, we’ll have the chance to become the most BACKED documentary in Kickstarter history (most people backing it)!
In case, you haven’t seen it – here’s a link to JUST the trailer on YouTube. Check it out below:
Note: Some of you have requested for us to upload JUST the trailer (the video a couple weeks ago has an introduction from me at the beginning). The video above, however, is just the trailer. So feel free to enjoy and share this one. 🙂
Thanks for all the support. It really does mean a lot to the team.
We’re well on our way to our goal – but can’t stop to rest just yet. Please help spread the word with people you know will love the trailer.
We’ve got a great flow going behind-the-scenes and all the moving pieces are coming together.
I can’t wait to show off the full movie next month!
If you’re in NYC, email me – or comment here. I’d love to cross paths while I’m in town! 🙂