Is this guy for real? I’m not sure how old this video is, but I hadn’t seen it before. I’ve watched it at least 5 times total now. It amazes me each and everytime!
Regular readers might notice that I’ve moved my “Weekend Reading” or “Links of the Week” up to Friday (instead of Saturday morning). This is a permanent move. Going forward, Fridays will be Round-Up, Saturdays will be Reviews, and Sunday will be Challenges/Giveaways. Of course, Monday through Thursday will still be packed with amazing full-feature posts :-)!
My Favorite 3 Posts…
Coincidently, my favorite 3 are all lists posts this week. Weird, must be in a listy mood!
- Wisebread hosted a post which outlines 64 Funny Inspiring And Stupid Money Quotes From Famous People! I absolutely love quotes, especially money quotes, and this list provides a great variety that kept me laughing along the way. One of my favorite lists I’ve seen in a couple weeks!
- Frugal Dad put together a list of 12 Things Our Grandparents Lived Without. I’ve been on a huge simplicity kick leading up to our trip and I really enjoyed reflecting on this post. It’s amazing what we take for granted and can’t imagine living without.
- Zen Habits outlines 8 Liberating Strategies for Clearing The Queues in Your Life. Along with my simplicity kick, I’ve been looking for ways to help combat my growing e-mail, twittering, post ideas, and person to-do list for our move. I’ve used many of the strategies outlined in the system the last view days with GREAT results. Everyone can benefit from this post.
Man Vs. Debt Around The Web…
- Chris Guillebeau, of The Art of Non-Conformity, cited Man Vs. Debt as a great new example of an awesome online community! Rather then link to a certain post or discuss my writing, he was most impressed by all of YOU! Thank you all for making the Man Vs Debt community an example worthy of mention!
- Nickel from Five Cent Nickel was selected by Blogs.com to composed the Top Ten “Up & Coming” Personal Finance Blogs. It’s awesome to be included with 9 other bloggers I consider friends. These are all blogs started in ’09!
- Bob from Christian Personal Finance hosted a guest review I did for him of The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Getting Out Of Debt!
- Laura from Green Panda Treehouse hosted a two-section interview of myself! The first part is on GPT and the second part is on her other blog, Vega Baja Productions.
- I was honored to be included in way too many other link round-ups to mention them all. Some of the larger ones included Get Rich Slowly, Moolanomy, and MainStreet. Thanks to everyone who included me!
Personal Finance Carnivals
Best of Money Carnival @ Free Money Finance <– Only includes top 10 posts for the week
Carnival of Top Blog Posts @ Bible Money Matters<– Looks like I’ll finish 2nd in voting.
Carnival Of Personal Finance @ Funny About Money
Carnival of Debt Reduction @ Debt Sucks
Best Of The Rest…
Bargaineering: Monitor Your Credit Score All The Time & Don’t Check Your Score Every Day
The Simple Dollar: Some Thoughts On Scalable Careers, Your Job, and “Side Hustles”
Consumerism Commentary: Podcast #6: Frugality and 397 Ways To Save Money
Get Rich Slowly: Travel Hacking: Smart Ways To See The World
The Digerati Life: Best Places To Retire Cheap
Serene Journey: Creating A Budget That Works
Cash Money Life: Essential Tips For New Parents
What were your favorite posts from this week? Can you do a backflip while balanced on the side of a building? Let us all know!
9 thoughts on “Links of the Week: “Super-Human Stunt Man” Edition”
What, you can’t do that. That is child’s play man. 🙂
Seriously – I do that stuff in my sleep. (ok – maybe not all of it) – Nice round up – you guys are pretty close to taking off now, aren’t you? Good luck with everything and congrats on the Top 10 Blogs (’09 Power Blogs RULE!)
[email protected]’s last blog post..Frugality Locality
The reason why the Man vs. Debt community is so great is because you take the time to personally responded to the vast majority of comments, so there is actual dialogue, rather then just comments in response to your post.
kosmo @ The Casual Observer’s last blog post..Randy Johnson & more
Yeah but can he do it in a cape? 🙂 That guy is pretty amazing! Thanks for the link I’m really glad you liked the post. Off to check out more of your favorite finds. Have a great weekend!
Sherri (Serene Journey)’s last blog post..Creating A Budget That Works
I thought that was Gamma Team training camp…..wasn’t it?
[email protected]’s last blog post..Can You Change Somebody Else’s Financial Behavior?
Wow, that guy has some wicked good skills! Congrats on all the great pub for your site – well deserved!
Patrick’s last blog post..Freebie Friday
That’s a crazy video and a very crazy guy. Wonder if he was on the Olympic team or ever a competing gymnast. I love it when he slides over the big green cushion backwards – can’t explain it!
Haven’t read Trent’s article there, will do – looks good. Congrats on the publicity!
MoneyEnergy’s last blog post..How Many Economists Does It Take To Build A Successful Blog? One, if it’s The Weakonomist
Baker – congrats on the rise of your blog.
As far as the guy in the video… I have a one-word response: Parkour.
Congrats on the up and coming blog list! I better check that one out! 🙂 I would love to take part in your pf weight loss challenge, but have my hands full at the moment (school’s out and things are crazy at home). 🙂
The Digerati Life’s last blog post..Find A Cheap Prescription and Discount Medication Using Medtipster