I hope you are all having a fantastic Labor Day Weekend back in the states. The last two weeks have been very active for us here in New Zealand:
- I’ve recently been hired on as one of two staff writers for Get Rich Slowly. Thanks to all of you that helped support my audition pieces. At the current time, I’ll be contributing once a week and it should be a good opportunity to expand our growing community.
- Courtney starts her new job this coming Monday here in New Zealand. It’s been a long and bumpy ride, which I will elaborate on much more in this coming Monday’s post.
- I’ve started training at a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu club here in Auckland. It should be an great opportunity to meet some new people and kick my butt into shape. If you are a fan of or train in BJJ, I’d love to hear from you!
I’ve been scheming on some great content for the next two weeks. There are a couple projects I’m excited to be unleashing here soon. They may or may not include publicly tracking my finances (100% transparency), the formation of a newsletter for the biggest community supporters, and more details on the e-book (yes, the one that’s been coming forever).
But before we get into all those fun details, here’s some of my favorite links from over the past two or three weeks for you to check-out in between barbecues:
- 21 Ways to Reduce Your Spending Without Making Your Life Miserable
- 100 Ways To Live A Better Life
- 30 Motivation Hacks For Bloggers
- How to Live a Better Live with Less
- Secrets of the Perpetually Unhappy
- 22 Inspiration Quotes for Living the Rockstar Life
- Serenity Now: Remove Stress, Free Yourself, and Relax
- Borrowing from Friends: The Friendship Killer
- Spending Filters – How to Save Money On Just About Everything
- The Dream Budget: Your Debt-Free Potential
- Frugal Bachelor: Minimalist Lifestyle
Have a fun and safe extended weekend. I’ll see you all again on Monday with the post “How to Wait Aggressively”!
9 thoughts on “Labor Day Weekend Reading”
Thanks for the link love Adam. 🙂
.-= David Turnbull´s last blog ..How to Type 100+ Words Per Minute =-.
Congrats on being added to the staff of Get Rich Slowly. Hopefully you’ll be paid enough to allow you to, er, get rich slowly.
.-= Kosmo @ The Casual Observer´s last blog ..Kiosk Warfare =-.
Congratulations on your GRS gig. That’s fantastic news! I hope you and your family are keeping well and I look forward to what you have in store over the next couple of weeks 🙂
All the best
.-= Sherri (Serene Journey)´s last blog ..Secrets of the Perpetually Unhappy =-.
Congratulations Baker on your writing job. You were a great pick for the position. I look forward to seeing your traveling update on Monday man, it’s always exciting to hear how you have been adapting and moving forward. It’s great to hear that your wife is starting a new job, please wish her well and I hope she enjoys it!
Also thank you for the link love and I am glad you enjoyed that post. Good luck to you my friend!! 😀
.-= Brad @ enemyofdebt´s last blog ..Changing Your Behavior Requires A Paradigm Shift =-.
Congrats on the GRS position, you certainly deserve it. Looking forward to the next NZ update as well.
Congrats on the new gig at Get Rich Slowly !
.-= Alexia´s last blog ..In where I get really transparent… =-.
You deserve it – nice work. I’m really looking forward to the eBook, make sure you let me know how I can help you succeed.
.-= Matt Jabs´s last blog ..Learn Personal Finance from The Bible, not the Federal Government =-.
I just stumbled across your blog, and I really like it. Sounds like things are going great in New Zealand. The links you’ve listed look interesting and I’m going to have to check them out.
Congrats on the GRS gig! That site was the first PF site I discovered and was instrumental in starting my own site.
Haven’t studied BJJ but I have studied Aikido. I’m sure it will be a great workout for you both mentally and physically!