Today, before Courtney and I head to the airport, I’ve got a special treat for you guys.
Most of you know that one of my absolutely favorite people online is Gary Vay-ner-chuk. He’s inspired this blog in many ways (especially the video I referred to my 6-month blogging update) and I’m absolutely addicted to his “Thunder Show” on Wine Library TV. It’s single-handedly converting Courtney and me into wine drinkers.
Gary is the author of Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion, which is now both a New York Times and a Wall Street Journal Best Seller.
I’ve been wanting to interview Gary Vaynerchuk for awhile, but coordinating a live call (especially from New Zealand) with his insane book tour schedule was next to impossible. So instead, I prepared a series of interview questions specifically for Gary, whom took the time out of his schedule to answer them on video for us.
Not only that, but Gary and team volunteered to send a free copy of Crush It! to a Man Vs. Debt reader in the comments. Just leave an answer to Gary’s final question in the comments below and I’ll randomly draw a winner after this coming Sunday.
My questions to Gary
In the video, Gary is read my questions which include:
- How to defeat “someday” mode, without ignoring your responsibilities?
- What changes are coming in online business and social media in 2010?
- How do you avoid ‘passion burnout’? And have you lost a little of your passion towards wine?
- What can we expect for your online brands in 2010? How are you approaching your own business ventures? (Gary mentions working on Corkd.com, Vaynermedia.com, CinderellaWine.com, and GourmetLibrary.com)
- Where should Courtney and I start when getting into wine? (Gary gives some great suggestions for us)
Gary’s question to you!
I turned the tables on Gary and had him pitch a questions to the Man Vs. Debt readers.
What do you think your D.N.A. is?… Who are you, based solely on the fact that you popped out of mom?… What are your 4-7 characteristics strictly based on your D.N.A.?
Answer that question in the comments below for your chance to win Gary’s NYT Best Selling book, Crush It!.
Special thanks to A.J. and Marcus for their work in coordinating the interview! Appreciate it!