Google is so awesome. Why is FeedBurner on crack? I still can’t figure it out. Anyway, sorry for any e-mail subscribers who didn’t get the update yesterday. Hopefully, things are back to working fine!
Here’s some awesome links to get you through your weekend personal finance fix:
My Favorite 3 Posts…
- Let me tell you a little bit about the blog Bad Money Advice. At first, I wasn’t a major fan. I thought he brought up a few good points, but I just didn’t like his style. Over the last month, I don’t know whether Frank changed his approach or whether I just changed my perspective a little. Either way, I’m starting to become a big fan of this blog. While it’s not the approach I would take, he’s nearly always objective. For example, it’s no secret that I support the far majority of Dave Ramsey’s teachings and principles. However, it’s also common knowledge that Dave can over-simplify some issues (especially complex ones). I understand why he does this, but sometimes I wish he would refrain from giving information unless he can give the whole picture. To demonstrate this, Frank recently dissected a couple of Ramsey’s slip ups. He provides specific examples, offers corrected information, and injects his own opinions on the reason for Ramsey’s mistakes. You need to read Ten Things Dave Ramsey Got Wrong.
- Pinyo over at Moolanomy put an insane amount of work into rounding up over 1,001 Tips on Saving Money. The list is sort of a list of lists. One list to rule them all, one list to… you get the point. It links to a wide variety of amazing links from around the personal finance world. I’ve bookmarked this for further reference.
- My friend, Matt Jabs, was at it again this week on his guest post at Five Cent Nickel. He wrote a thorough and thought-provoking article entitled, Is Personal Finance Dead? Don’t only go read this post, make sure you catch up on the comments. Great stuff!
Man Vs. Debt Around The Web…
This week was a big honor for me as I was given exposure by my two favorite blogs over the last two years.
- First, I was blown away this week as my name graced a recent guest post on ProBlogger. Although there was no link, the post featured one of my comments from a recent blogging series Darren ran. You can check out the article here. They reference “Baker’s” comment in the first bullet point. Hey, it’s ProBlogger… I’ll take it!
- I was honored that Frugal Dad selected me as one of only six total entries into this week’s Carnival of Top Personal Finance Posts. It looks like I’ll end up finishing in 4th, however I’m really just ecstatic to be chosen at all. Thanks to everyone who voted for me!
- A new site that is looking to be really awesome, Viralogy.com, ran some numbers on the Top Ten Personal Finance Blogs You’ve Never Heard Of. They aggregated some data to give “up-and-coming” blogs a score. I was featured as #4 on this list among some truly great company. Rock On!
- I was honored to be included in way too many link round-ups to mention them all. Some of the larger ones included WalletPop, GenXFinance, and Moolanomy. Thanks to everyone who included me! Special thanks, again, to AskMrCreditCard and MoneyEnergy for taking the time to interview me this week!
Personal Finance Carnivals…
- Gather Little By Little hosted the Carnival of Money Stories.
Best Of The Rest…
- Saving For Serenity featured a great list of personal finance twitter users. I’ve wanted to do this for a while, but have been too lazy. My friend Alan stepped up to the plate and did some hardcore work to gather all the links. Big Kudos to him! Did I mention I made the Top 10? Cha-ching!
- WiseBread shares an awesome list of 40 Most Useful Travel Websites That Can Save You A Fortune!
- Bargaineering posted another cool video about Drawing Your Cashflow Chart. I’m really trying to pick up some pointers on how to improve me videos from these!
- The Digerati Life hosted an awesome Guide To Commuter Bikes! It one of the most intense guides I’ve seen on the subject. Very timely for our upcoming car-less adventure!
- Defend Your Dollars had a great post updating everyone on the bill that is set to address some of the problems with the credit cards industry. For the latest information of what’s proposed check here.
- Consumerism Commentary created an great list of the standard baggage checking fees for all the major airlines. These have been changing, so don’t let this kind of fee sneak up on you!
- Frugal Dad offers 10 Secrets To Curbing Your Appetite for Stuff. Once again, very timely since we are continuing to dump all of our possessions for our move!
- Bargain Babe breaks down the specific cost of driving fast. The results on driving just a few miles per hour fastest might shock you!
- My Two Dollars featured an insightful post on how Carrying Consumer Debt Is The American Way. This will get you thinking about our current economic situation.
- Fabulously Broke provides a line-by-line breakdown of how to read an Income Statement. Very thorough.
- The Money Hawk provides a great laugh with his amusing list of The Absolute Funniest Reasons To Give When Closing Your Credit Card Accounts. “I just don’t like the color…” Haha.
That’s it! There were a million more links I had bookmarked, but at some point I’ve gotta cut it down! What were your favorite articles from this week?