[If you can’t see the interview with Danielle, click here to view it directly.]
Today, I’m proud to share with you a rare guide I’ll be adding to the “Products I Love”. (The first of two this month)!
Danielle LaPorte unleashed her much anticipated “Fire Starter Sessions” today. Danielle, who blogs at White Hot Truth, has been someone I’ve looked up to since my first few months blogging. She’s directly influenced my levels of transparency and my quest to be as genuine as possible here.
I interviewed her on finding passion, building momentum, avoiding burnout, and the details of her product launch. Here’s the breakdown of the above video interview:
- [00:40] – Who is Danielle LaPorte? (Danielle’s 30-sec elevator pitch)
- [02:05] - Danielle’s tips for unearthing your business passions.
- [03:10] - How Danielle defines a strength and a weakness. [<-- powerful]
- [04:25] - Danielle gives ME advice on finding my specific strengths.
- [05:55] - How to tap into the “real” reason certain people inspire you… and what resources/people inspired Danielle when she was getting into “go” mode.
- [08:50] - How to maintain your motivation/drive without hitting “burnout”
- [12:55] - Overcoming urges to conform and why being authentic will explode your business.
- [17:40] - The “features” of Danielle’s new “Fire Starter Sessions“ (What people get)
- [19:05] – The “benefits” of the “Fire Starter Sessions“. (What’s it going to do for me?)
My biggest takeaways…
As you can tell when you watch the video, I deeply enjoyed talking with Danielle. There were at least two “a-ha” moments for me in our chat.
First, I loved how she defines strength and weaknesses (based on Marcus Buckingham’s work). Danielle explained that true strengths are those things that make you feel “strengthened”… NOT necessarily what you are “good” at. So many times, I reflect on something that I’m skilled at, or something that people tell me I’m skilled at… and call that a strength. Danielle’s definition really resonates with me more.
The same is true for weaknesses. There are some things that I may very well be great at, but that make me feel terrible or weak. These are not strengths, then. I get it now.
The other big takeaway from this interview was Danielle’s approach to burnout. As you hear in the video, Danielle hates the stigma we’ve attached to the word “burnout”. She talks about how it’s a necessary part of the entrepreneurial cycle and how we need to learn to not only accept it, but plan for it. This help removes some of the negative energy and guilt that always accompanies downtime!
Since recording the video, I’ve had a chance to really dig into the “Fire Starter Sessions” product. I’m genuinely amazed. I’m always careful about who I affiliate with and/or share with my audience, however it’s the real deal. These two points on strengths and burnout are only a couple pages of the 200+ that come in the guide. There are videos, audio recordings, workbooks, exercises. It’s an inspiring example of a product/guide done right.
Danielle is one of the top 3-4 people I feed from in my business. And I have no doubt the this guide is going to have an drastic impact on this site and my business. I have absolutely no reservations in telling you to check this out. It’s worth many times what it costs.:-)