Happy Thanksgiving America!
Courtney and I decided on a whim to record a Thanksgiving video highlighting the top 3 things we each are most thankful for this year!
We took it in one shot and tried to make our selections a little more specific than general (although Courtney did a much better job at that).
[If you don’t see the video CLICK HERE to go to the site to watch it!]
Milligan lasts all of about 15 seconds and if you watch, Courtney and I are constantly spying on her as she has a free-for-all in Courtney’s classroom for the rest of the video! I know you parents out there will give us a break ;-).
Yes, I know the framing is horrible. It’s a spontaneous holiday video, not a documentary!
Seriously, though, I’ll be working more on figuring my new Flip out… Gotta get the kinks worked out before we hit the road again! 🙂
What are the top 3 things you are thankful for this year?
Let us know your own below! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Adam, Courtney, and Milligan
27 thoughts on “Special Thanksgiving Video from the Baker Family!”
What a great video Baker!
#1 – I am thankful for the healthy birth of our new little man Noah. He has been a blessing and so much fun to be around.
#2 – I am obviously thankful for the fact that we have become debt free in 2009. This accomplishment alone has helped our lives become less stressful and more enjoyable. It’s been a wonderful experience to say the least.
#3 – I am really thankful for the people I interact with daily through the blogosphere. That may seem cheesy to some, but I have learned so much from the people around me—bloggers and readers alike.
Thanks again Baker and Courtney for making the video, and there’s not enough good things to say about that cutie pie Milli. She’s adorable.
Have a great day, and I look forward to hearing about your upcoming travels.
.-= Brad Chaffee´s last blog ..Debt Free News From A Debt Free Reader #2 =-.
Wow, are we jealous of number 2! (We sort of have #1 and #3 too… but can’t wait to catch up on that second one)!
Happy (American) Thanksgiving guys!
I hear you on the health of your child, I had H1N1 a few weeks ago and was absolutely terrified that my 1 month old was going to get it. Thankfully neither him nor my wife got it, hiding in my office for a week was worth it!
.-= Tom @ Canadian Finance Blog´s last blog ..How Canadians Can Take Advantage Of Black Friday And Cyber Monday =-.
Yikes! Glad to hear everything is better now!
If I was you, I’d cross the border and celebrate again! 🙂
Thanks for putting this together! Since we’re being specific, here are three things I’m thankful for this year:
1. Pleasant surprises, like the conception of my first child, which although we were semi-trying to have kids, was still an awesome shock. I am still in awe of the whole thing.
2. Faith, specifically the faith of everyone around me in what I can do, professionally and personally, when I sometimes falter in my own beliefs. It’s so nice to have the support group cheering you on every step of the way.
3. WordPress, for finally giving me the platform I’ve been trying to find for so long to express myself in written form (with the success of your video blogging, I think I have the itch, although maybe not the talent, to do video as well).
Have a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
.-= Wojciech´s last blog ..How to Take Advantage of a Crappy Economy =-.
Haha, Wojo… I’m proof you don’t need a ton of talent! My advice is to just shoot some and throw it up there. Get over the internal stress of posting (which I no longer have).
From here it’s only up! :-). Congrats on your impending little one, too.
Pingback: Happy Thanksgiving To You All! | Enemy of Debt: Motivational Money Management
I’ve kinda lost the Thanksgiving tradition after a couple a years living in New Zealand. Turkey is hard to find and family is even harder to find. I think there are a few people who are thankful for the ManVDebt community, it’s definitely motivated a few people to pursue alternative ways to drop their debt and raise their cashflow.
Here’s my “thankfulness list”:
1. Shift-work. Longer hours sure, but an extra hourly allowance and a 4 day on 4 day off roster.
2. Daughter. Everyday is made memorable, somehow.
3. The soulmate. She’s fantastic.
Good luck on your travels and drop me an email if you think you’ll be in Invercargill on your South Island tour.
.-= John Love´s last blog ..Elinor Eating, Gardening, Bathing and at the Beach =-.
Thanks for your kind words John.
I hear you about Turkey in New Zealand… Courtney found it for $9/lb the other day at the store, haha.
We will for sure hit you up if Invercargill comes on the radar. It’s not at this point, but everything is up in the air! Thanks for sharing your 3.
Hey guys… awesome impromptu video! I love the addition of videos everyone in a while to infuse some new energy with a different medium. 🙂
I am thankful for…
1) Friends and and awesome, supportive, hilarious family.
2) Hope and optimism about the future…
3) This awesome blogosphere… like Brad said… the people, ideas, and writing… the inspiration that I find is endless.
Hope you guys are having a happy holiday ! 🙂
.-= Karen´s last blog ..I Don’t Want to Be The Alcoholic That I Am =-.
I love doing to videos and am excited about improving them. It’s always fun to get a new burst of excitement for a different medium every once in a while!
You are awesome for sharing. I know what you’ll be thankful for this time next year…
Tweeted, but I’ll throw it up here too for those who aren’t tempted by twitter, if you don’t mind. 🙂 (Besides, it’s fun!)
1. Awesome friends who help you with car stuff. (AKA the guys helping us swap engines, saving us a small fortune in labor and teaching us lots all for very little)
2. Turbo’s!! 😀
3. The fact that we’re moving to Spokane, WA next summer. I have a feeling I’m going to love the Pacific NorthWest.
As an afterthought, I’m also thankful that Canada had Thanksgiving a while back, because some very necessary parts for our engine shipped out today. Wouldn’t have happened until tomorrow if the company was in the States. 🙂
.-= Foxie | CarsxGirl´s last blog ..Separation of Self & Car =-.
Haha, I laughed aloud at TURBOS!, Megan.
Like I mentioned on twitter… Spokane sounds awesome. We know nothing about it, but I always hear about it from a great perspective. Maybe there is something in the water that brainwashes it’s residents!
I think you’re being a tad too hard on yourself, the video was great. If you keep it simple you’re more likely to continue making little videos.
I’m thankful for:
1. My family’s health and happiness. Myself, my wife, 2 kids (9 & 11) and 2 dogs in our house and we had a great year without any major sickness or catastrophe (like broken limbs or other bodily injuries)
2. Medication. Yeah, a tad weird to be thankful for but there are 2 specifics. My own meds keep my heart healthy and my cholesterol low and the discovery this year that a little ADD medication for my wife and my daughter helps both of them maintain focus, get better grades and generally feel better about their accomplishments.
3. The internet. The web is an endless source of inspiration and for me whether I want to strive harder for minimalism or get a great recipe for soup. I love the internet.
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Thanks, Craig! Glad you liked the video. 🙂
I liked the medication one. That’s exactly what we were going for. You don’t normally associate that sort of thing with Thanksgiving, but that just means it’s overlooked. What we can do with medicine today is freakish! Even if you think only 40 years ago.
Thanks for sharing!
I think I freaked you out by e-mailing this link to you directly (sorry about that.) But I thought I would post it here as well as it’s all about being thankful for you and what you’re doing in the world:
My 2 others:
1. My beautiful wife, Beth.
2. My health.
.-= Andrew Parkes´s last blog ..What does a man ON FIRE look like? =-.
Hehe, didn’t freak me out Andrew! I just thought it might be spam (which is why I e-mailed you back).
Seriously, though, thanks for taking the time to record a special message for me (and us). I’m honored you’ve found value in our sharing of our story!
I hope you’ll stick around! Let me know how I can help. 🙂
Good stuff Baker! You should do more of these videos. It’s fun seeing you guys.
You guys all packed up and ready to go to Thailand??
I’m thankful for the online community and the knowledge they provide to us all!
.-= Financial Samurai´s last blog ..Use The Sandwich Method To Provide Constructive Criticism =-.
Haven’t started packing yet! (But we are thinking about it) 😉
things i am thankful for…
1. a loving and supportive family.
2. a wonderful girlfriend.
3. my pup sydney who has been with me through good time and bad times, and still brings joy and a smile to my face daily.
Haha, love the pup one. That’s the exact spirit we were going for.
I’m thankful for all the bloggers I’ve met this year, which is my first year of blogging.
I’m also thankful for all my faithful blog readers.
.-= Gordie Rogers´s last blog ..10 Things You Can Learn From Hitler About Success. =-.
Great post–love the video!
I’m thankful for so many things but here are the top 5–(just couldn’t stop at 3!):
1) My family and friends—they make me who I am, allow me to be who I aim to be and support me if I miss my mark.
2) My challenges: they make me stronger than I would have been otherwise and taught me things I couldn’t have learned any other way
3) Things I can’t control—because they make me better, more agile, tougher
4) The ability for people to change and surprise you just when you’ve given up on them
5) The moment you realize just how important someone/something is to you
.-= Jill MacGregor´s last blog ..The Gift That Keeps on Giving =-.
Jill, you always over deliver! Sounds like some of these have great stories behind them. 😉
Sweet video guys:) Too much to be grateful for in my life – I wrote a post about how grateful I was that everyone was being grateful. Sticking to the here and now I’ll pick three off that fit right this second:
1. My boys can run up the road to see their friends without me worrying about them or needing to supervise.
2. My daughter has heaps of friends and is on a playdate.
3. My pool is cool and calling me:)
Thanks, Annabel. You point out some great thoughts about your kids have so much easy, safe social interaction. It’s definitely something we will be looking for more of soon for Milligan.
Pingback: Special Thanksgiving Video from the Baker Family! | debtpaydown.com