I’m excited today to announce a new series I will be putting together. Most of you have known this was in the works in varying forms, but I’ve finally put together a rough guideline.
It’s going to be a ongoing series of unscripted, live, part-interview, part-conversations between myself and people I meet on the road or at special events.
The interviews will focus on different parts of ‘doing what you love’ and the intricacies of balancing work, life, and passion. Obviously, this is a big part of my own life and thus a major part of this site, as well.
I’ve decided to call the video series… The “Do Shit You Love” Show.
My plan is to have 2-3 interviews a month, the far majority of which will be live and range from 10-20 minutes.
As with all projects on the site, you’ll see the evolution as I learn and grow (with video and interviewing skills in this example).
Ep. 1 with Karol Gadja from RidiculouslyExtraordinary.com:
[If you can’t see the video click here to visit the page directly]
Episode 1 was filmed at a park in downtown Auckland. Unfortunately, we waited a tad too late to start filming and it got pretty dark. I had to add just a touch of brightness effect, but once again am impressed with the Flip’s ability to take decent video even with limited light.
Episode 1 Content Guide:
- Karol Gadja from RidiculouslyExtraordinary.com
- [01:10] – Intro to Karol and the goals of Ridiculously Extraordinary.
- [02:30] – Why Karol ditched most of his hugely-profitable internet marketing business.
- [04:50] – How we are both exploring balance through travel.
- [05:20] – Karol’s lightweight traveling set-up and gear (Vibrams, quick-dry, etc…)
- [06:45] – Why selling his dream car (BMW) was one of the best feelings of Karol’s life.
- [07:40] – Blenders. Everything you wanted to know about them.
- [10:15] – I ask Karol if traveling has lived up to his expectations. [Good discussion]
- [13:30] – Karol asks *me* about traveling/pursuing passion with children.
- [16:40] – Karol actually pronounces his name (the real Polish version).
- [17:50] – Karol’s question for you!
If you didn’t have debt in your life, what would you do differently?
Go back to school? Travel? A specific hobby? Invest it all?
For those of you that are already debt-free, is there anything that you do know that wouldn’t have been possible with a bunch of debt?