Today, Ramit Sethi is launching the official I Will Teach You To Be Rich Boot Camp.
In case you don’t already know, Ramit is the blogger behind I Will Teach You To Be Rich website and is more recently a New York Times Best-Selling author.
I respect Ramit for several reasons:
- He’s built a wildly successful blog by posting less frequent, but extremely high impact articles.
- His ability to brand himself, and his bold, but genuine approach (even when we disagree).
- The focus, content, and launch of his now best-selling book.
- His reputation for only doing projects that deliver intense value.
- His negotiation skills.
Some of those items might only be appealing to those of you that are entrepreneurs, that’s fine. I’m just being honest about what I dig. But everyone can benefit from high quality, actionable advice, which is what Ramit’s become known for delivering.
That’s why I don’t mind supporting this comprehensive boot camp. Simply, he’s earned my trust and respect for his focus on exceeding value. Until he botches that… he’s got it!
Boot Camp Specifics
The 6-week boot camp has several parts to it:
- First, it’s going to have a private forum and group community. This is one of the biggest assets I’m looking forward to. As you know, I’m a huge fan of group accountability and it really is effective at helping me succeed.
- Early in the week, on each topic, they will be giving out text, worksheets, checklists, and even assignments. Yes, he said there will be homework (checked by staff)! Talk about kicking butt.
- On Tuesdays, Ramit will do a live webcast talking about the specific topic and answering questions from the members of the community. The video will be available obviously even if you miss the live recording.
- Later in the week, there will be a featured Guests doing a live webcast. And there are some pretty big names that’ll be coming out to contribute:
- Pam Slim
- Charlie Hoehn
- Andy Jolls
- Shannon Sofield
To be honest, this is a really cool set-up. I’m jealous that I can’t host this sort of thing myself, but it’s just not feasible right now. Ramit’s put the hard work, dedication, and coordination into it, so he gets the glory… for now at least!
Schedule of content
Week 1 - Optimizing your credit cards 11/9-11/15
Week 2 - Beat the banks and negotiate bills 11/16 – 11/22
Week 3 – Open 401K and Roth IRA 11/23-11/29
Week 4 – Conscious Spending 11/30 – 12/6
Week 5 – Automation 12/7 – 12/13
Week 6 – Investing – setting up portfolio 12/14 – 12/20
As you can see, Ramit will be covering a lot of content that I don’t touch on. That’s part of the reason, I like this. It’s a chance for me to expand my scope and a chance for you to find actionable advice on stuff I just don’t offer.
I’m most excited about:
- Week 2 – I can’t get enough of negotiation content!
- Week 4 – I’m interested to hear more of Ramit’s suggests within Conscious Spending
- Week 6 – You may or may not know that we don’t currently invest. While I don’t expect that to change, this is certainly the area in which I have the most room to improve (and most knowledge to gain).
And, yes… I’ll have my earmuffs ready for Week 1… *rolls eyes* (although I don’t mind hearing other perspectives).
Join me in going through the Boot Camp
I’m going to actively participate in this first boot camp. Partly because I’m interested in hearing and learning more through Ramit’s approach and partly because I want to see first hand how much value it brings!
I’m going to be setting up a private forum, chat, and/or public wiki for any Man Vs. Debt readers who want to go through the project with me. Depending on the number of people, we’ll work out something cool to do. I’m interested in getting your honest feedback as it is happening.
If you want to be in a small group like this, e-mail me at Baker @ ManVsDebt.com and let me know.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Like any product that is confident in it’s value, the boot camp offers a 30-day money back guarantee. Ramit personally assured me that it was no questions asked and no jumping through hoops. If it doesn’t immediately deliver more value than the price. Get a refund. Simple.
Because this is a structured program you can only sign-up through this Friday, Nov. 6th, 2009.
This boot camp is for those:
- Serious about getting into action and going at it 110% (don’t waste time or money if not)
- Excel in a structured environment
- Find benefit in group accountability
If it’s sounds interesting you can join me here. If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up by e-mail or on Twitter!
Plus, how can you not love all these cool graphics: